The bioremediation structures have been in place since last September 2018, but the Sabella spallanzanii bioremediation worm has reproduced between December and January 2019, the young of this species were in fact visible on the collectors starting from the control carried out in February.

At the the last check-up of April, we found a much faster growth than what is observed away from the plant. See for yourself how the tube sizes of this worm look. We had planned about a year and a half to stay, but maybe we can even think of just one year! I also want to point out all that dark pulp stopped on the collectors, an organic substance that is taken from the surrounding water and that does not settle on the bottom, much of which is transformed into biomass of our bioremediators.

Worm breeding was completely done without the use of plastic. The techniques we used before turned out to be even more expensive and complex than the one we are currently using at the plant! In July we will do the comparison with the initial environmental situation and we expect to find improved condition.

While as early as next September, we could begin the collection of polychaetes for an estimate of production.